Monday 1 May 2017

Evaluation - Question 4 & 5

In this blog post I will be considering the audience for our media product and how we attracted and or addressed them throughout our film opening. 

Who would be the audience for your media product?

For our media product, we decided that our film would mostly suit the ages 15+ for both men and women. We decided this age range because 15-24 year olds make up the largest proportion of UK cinema audience at 31%, according to BFI Statistical Yearbook 2014 therefore they are likely to be more interested in going to the cinema in their free time. As well as this, films of the drama genre tend to be of the 15 classification or higher, therefore they are generally suited to an older audience.
15 classification: no one under 15 years old is allowed to see/purchase a 15 film.


What might be shown in a 15 rated film?

     
  •   Drug taking
  •   Expletive language
  •   Portrayals of sexual activity
  •   Strong verbal references to sex
  •   Sexual nudity
  •   Scenes of sexual violence or verbal references to sexual violence
  •   Discriminatory language or behaviour
  •   Strong violence

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    In the video below, we asked our focus group which consists  of four people and asked what they would expect to see in a horror film opening.
 
 
I have created a table to show what people liked and disliked about our media product and if they would watch the whole film and recommend it.

 
LIKES
DISLIKES
WOULD YOU WATCH THE REST OF THE FILM?
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THIS FILM?
PERSON 1
I liked that the opening had two different locations which made the opening mysterious and I liked that the black figures identity was never revealed throughout the opening, this makes me want to watch more of the media product to see if the figures identity is ever revealed.
I disliked the fact it was hard to understand what was happening, it didn’t really make sense as the ending left me muddled.
yes
yes
PERSON 2
I liked that a range of shots were used which shows the viewpoints from every angle to the audience. I also liked the fact that the music created suspense and tension.
I disliked that not much was revealed. I also disliked that you couldn’t hear the conversation clearly at the star of the three girls talking.
yes
Yes
PERSON 3
I liked the transitions used into the shots this created realism and the transitions implied a change in location and a passage of time.
I disliked that we never discovered the identity of the black figure.
yes
no
PERSON 4
I liked that the soundtrack created more tension and terror when the figure appeared. I also liked that I didn’t know what was going to happen next this made me want to carry on watching.
I disliked the ending as it was hard to understand. I also disliked that not many transitions were used.
Yes
Yes
PERSON 5
I liked that dark backgrounds were used this made it look scary and I liked the sound when the camera zoomed into the figures face, it was unpredicted.  
I disliked that the locations were at different timings during the day which made it confusing as the train shots were darker compared to the park shots.
yes
yes















No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation - Question 7

  In this blog post I will be looking back at my Preliminary task and explaining what I have learnt in the progression from it to the full ...